The New York City elevator injury attorneys at Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, represent people from all walks of life who have been injured by defective elevators and other preventable dangers. We have a strong record of results advocating for personal injury victims in all the boroughs. We handle cases where an individual's arm or leg is trapped in an elevator door, where a person trips and falls because the elevator does not line up with the floor, and much more.
We know how to hold the appropriate parties responsible. Depending on the situation, our lawyers may be able to bring a suit against:
- A manufacturer that created defective elevator parts or equipment
- A service company that failed to have independent inspectors conduct regular and thorough inspections
- A property owner who fails to maintain the elevator or have it promptly repaired
Elevator Accidents At Construction Sites
Construction workers are at particular risk for elevator and hoist accidents. New York City has strict safety standards and building codes designed to minimize this risk, but serious injuries still occur. Some of the most frequent types of elevator injuries result from construction workers:
- Falling down an elevator shaft
- Coming in contact with live electrical wires
- Becoming trapped in an elevator cage
To learn more about your rights after any elevator or hoist accident, call Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, today at 646-741-4005 for a free consultation. You can also reach us via email. Our lawyers only get paid if we recover compensation for you.
Se habla español.