Cranes are notorious for causing catastrophic accidents on New York construction sites. Their size and weight — combined with their potential to accidentally drop cargo from high above — makes them quite dangerous.
If you were injured in a crane accident, turn to Paris & Chaikin, PLLC. We have the legal knowledge and passion for results that you need. Our crane injury lawyers are respected throughout the legal community. They have been named in Best Lawyers and selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” for 2013. They are also members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Electrocutions, Collapsing Booms And Other Dangers
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the most frequent cause of all crane accidents is the boom coming in contact with energized power lines. Such electrocutions account for nearly 45 percent of crane-related injuries.
Other common causes of crane accidents involve:
- Failure to deploy stabilizing outriggers on vehicle-mounted cranes, resulting in the crane overturning
- Collapsing crane booms
- Failure of the lifting device under the crane’s hook
- Workers crushed by the counterweight
- Dropped loads
- Cranes in motion that strike passersby
- Collisions with other vehicles or objects
- Overloading of the crane
- Insufficient crane operator training
- Poor equipment maintenance
- Improper safety inspections
No Recovery, No Fees, So Call Us Today
To learn more about how our crane accident attorneys can help you pursue the money you need, contact Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, for a free consultation with absolutely no obligations. Simply call our New York City office at 212-742-0476 or send us an email today.
Se habla español.