Were You Diagnosed With Mesothelioma?
If you or someone you love was diagnosed with mesothelioma, you and your family could benefit from the advice of an experienced lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation.
At the law firm of Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, in New York City, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and explain your legal options. The sooner you contact our lawyers, the sooner we can go to work identifying the party that is responsible for your illness.
How Did I Get Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is caused only by exposure to asbestos. Determining when and how you were exposed may take significant research. Symptoms may not appear until 30 years or longer after your exposure.
Many people who develop mesothelioma worked in professions that exposed them to asbestos fibers. Examples of workers who were often exposed to asbestos on the job include:
- Construction workers who remodeled older buildings containing asbestos in flooring or insulation
- Boiler workers who installed or maintained pipes and boilers containing asbestos
- Insulators and electrical workers who came into contact with asbestos insulation
- Plumbers who worked with pipes that were insulated with asbestos
- Auto mechanics who worked with brake pads containing asbestos
- Shipyard workers who were exposed to asbestos on ships
Even if you did not work with asbestos, you could have been exposed another way:
- By using products such as hair dryers that contained asbestos
- By inhaling asbestos fibers on a spouse’s clothing
- By removing vinyl flooring or insulation containing asbestos from your home
Our attorneys work with experts who can help us determine when and how you were exposed to asbestos. Then we will seek full compensation from the company or companies responsible for your illness.
Free Mesothelioma Case Review
Call our Manhattan office at 212-742-0476 or send us an
email to get the conversation underway.
Se habla espanol.