Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in New York
By Your Side Throughout Recovery
Accidents involving motor vehicles account for more deaths and injuries than all natural disasters combined. The New York City motorcycle accident attorneys of Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, represent both drivers and passengers who have been injured as a result of another motorist’s negligence or recklessness on the road.
Call (888) 244-9465 today for your free consultation. We’re also available online.
What to Do After an Accident
Here are a few tips to remember after any car accident:
- See a doctor: If you are in an auto accident, you should immediately seek proper medical attention. Obtaining prompt medical care not only ensures your health but also helps in documenting the injuries you sustained as a result of an accident. This documentation will play a critical role in your case and may affect the ultimate result in your case.
- Exchange contact information but do not admit fault. If police officers are not dispatched to the scene of the accident, you should try to obtain the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved in the accident, the name and address of the driver, and the name of their insurance company, including the policy number. It is wise to refrain from entering into any conversation with the other driver. Statements you make may be used against you. DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING OR ADMIT ANY FAULT.
- Document the evidence. Following an accident, you should take photographs of any damage to your vehicle and other property, your physical injuries (if they are apparent), and the accident scene. Take notes on how the accident occurred and any statements the other parties made. If your accident takes place in a dark or badly lit area, immediately call the police and do not exit your vehicle until they arrive.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Even if motorcyclists are operating safely, accidents can still occur at any time due to a variety of factors.
An accident can occur as the result of:
- Poor Communication: Motorcyclists sometimes travel in groups, but they must communicate clearly to avoid colliding to moving into other lanes of travel
- Inattentive Drivers: Motorcyclists can be difficult to spot on the road if you’re not paying attention
- Road Hazards: Motorcyclists may sometimes run into potholes or loose gravel or asphalt, creating dangerous conditions for all on the road
If you’ve been injured, it’s important that you seek legal representation. Insurance companies are for-profit businesses, which means your best interests aren’t their priority – money is. Our New York motorcycle accident attorneys put our clients and their needs first, no matter what.
Call (888) 244-9465 for lawyers who can represent your interests in court.
Slip & Fall $11 Million
A well-known cellist was awarded almost $11 million after a slip and fall in a gourmet food market that resulted in injuries that now hamper her ability to plat the instrument.
Pedestrian Knockdown $2.8 Million
Our client was a pedestrian crossing the street when she was hit by a yellow school bus making a left-hand turn. As a result of the impact, she was forced to fall to the ground and sustained an injury to her shoulder and lower back.
Bus Accident $2.1 Million
A mediated settlement was reached on the eve of trial on behalf of our client who was a driver of a motor vehicle which was struck in the rear by a bus.
Pedestrian Accident $2 Million
Our client, a young boy, was crossing the street near his home on Staten Island when he slipped on ice in the roadway and was hit by a car.
Car Accident $1.7 Million
Our client was an ambulance driver responding to an emergency call. While in the process of making a left-hand turn with the ambulance lights and sirens in operation, he was struck by a vehicle going straight.
Truck Accident $1.5 Million
Our client, a 37 year old man, was struck in the rear by a truck while driving his car and subsequently underwent neck surgery. The defendant claimed our client cut him off.
Car Accident $1.25 Million
Our client was a rear-seat passenger in a motor vehicle that was pulled over on the shoulder of the Staten Island Expressway when it was rear-ended by the defendant in the early morning hours. In the accident, the plaintiff suffered multiple fractures, which required surgery.
Slip & Fall $1.2 Million
Our client tripped and fell coming out of a bar in Staten Island, sustaining injuries to her knee, neck, and back.
Our commitment to taking care of our clients is unrivalled. We even offer a luxury car service to take clients to and from our office.
Our legal team not only strives for victory, but also takes every conceivable step to maximize your recovery in the process.
Access to Experts
We hire the best in the field and work with top experts, specialists and investigators to fight for the recovery that you deserve.
Individualized Legal Care
We are committed to providing you with undivided attention & to tailoring our approach to the needs of your case.
For our firm, it is not about the money - we take profound joy in helping you get the justice that you deserve.
A Proven Record of Results
Our fearless attorneys are not afraid to go to trial & have recovered millions of dollars in recoveries for injured clients.