Defective and Dangerous Elevators Can Cause Serious Injuries
The New York City elevator injury attorneys at Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, represent people from all walks of life who have been injured by defective elevators and other preventable dangers. We have a strong record of results advocating for personal injury victims in all the boroughs. We handle cases where an individual’s arm or leg is trapped in an elevator door, where a person trips and falls because the elevator does not line up with the floor, and much more.
When something goes wrong, an Elevator accident lawyer NYC will be your guide to get the compensation from start to end.During the course of litigating a case involving an elevator accident, the Elevator accident lawyer at Paris & Chaikin, PLLC, will ensure collecting all the required documents and the evidences to represent you in the courtroom.
We know how to hold the appropriate parties responsible. Depending on the situation, NYC elevator accident lawyer & elevator accident attorneys may be able to bring a suit against:
- A manufacturer that created defective elevator parts or equipment
- A service company that failed to have independent inspectors conduct regular and thorough inspections
- A property owner who fails to maintain the elevator or have it promptly repaired
Elevator Accidents at Construction Sites
Construction workers are at particular risk for elevator and hoist accidents. New York City has strict safety standards and building codes designed to minimize this risk, but serious injuries still occur. Some of the most frequent types of NYC elevator accident injuries result from construction workers:
- Falling down an elevator shaft
- Coming in contact with live electrical wires
- Becoming trapped in an elevator cage